What’s up, all. We have a few cool updates for Uber drivers I’d like to share. If you click on the image above to enlarge, you’ll see we’ve done the following:
- We’ve added real-time, local weather information to help assist with your driving decisions (i.e., rain = higher likelihood of surge activity).
- We’ve made it visually easier to determine when a surge has occurred. With one glance at the map, you can now determine how the area is “behaving.” We’ll add an on-map legend soon, but for now the designations are:
- Red pin = the area is currently surging (now)
- Orange pin = no surges now, but one or more surges have occurred within the last hour
- Green pin = no surges now, but one or more surges have occurred more than an hour ago
- We’ve added more local Uber product types – for example, Los Angeles has “uberEspañol” and China has recently launched “UberCommute.” We’ll update our map as fast as Uber adds them.
- For our data/analytics nerds, we’ve updated several of our algorithms (so you’d better appreciate that .001% increase in speed!)
We’ve also made some adjustments to make it simpler to view the markets and use the app across many of the smaller mobile devices (as usual it runs directly on your mobile phone, tablet, or computer – it’s not in any app store).
Lastly – we’ve had significant increase in the use of our app here in the Washington DC metropolitan area by drivers, passengers, and the media because the Pope is in town (so maybe he’s blessed us, too. 🙂 ) So please continue to share with any and all friends, family, and Uber drivers you know; we also have some big updates coming soon. If you have any questions or comments, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.