I can’t post the study for licensing reasons, but the PDF is here (“Ubernomics”): http://store.darden.virginia.edu/ubernomics-a
What’s up, all. We have a few cool updates for Uber drivers I’d like to share. If you click on the image above to enlarge, you’ll see we’ve done the following:
- We’ve added real-time, local weather information to help assist with your driving decisions (i.e., rain = higher likelihood of surge activity).
- We’ve made it visually easier to determine when a surge has occurred. With one glance at the map, you can now determine how the area is “behaving.” We’ll add an on-map legend soon, but for now the designations are:
- Red pin = the area is currently surging (now)
- Orange pin = no surges now, but one or more surges have occurred within the last hour
- Green pin = no surges now, but one or more surges have occurred more than an hour ago
- We’ve added more local Uber product types – for example, Los Angeles has “uberEspañol” and China has recently launched “UberCommute.” We’ll update our map as fast as Uber adds them.
- For our data/analytics nerds, we’ve updated several of our algorithms (so you’d better appreciate that .001% increase in speed!)
We’ve also made some adjustments to make it simpler to view the markets and use the app across many of the smaller mobile devices (as usual it runs directly on your mobile phone, tablet, or computer – it’s not in any app store).
Lastly – we’ve had significant increase in the use of our app here in the Washington DC metropolitan area by drivers, passengers, and the media because the Pope is in town (so maybe he’s blessed us, too. 🙂 ) So please continue to share with any and all friends, family, and Uber drivers you know; we also have some big updates coming soon. If you have any questions or comments, please contact us at email@example.com.
Hey guys. We’re keeping it moving over here . In this post I wanted to give a shout out to Eric Schwartz – he reached out and did a piece on us for DC Inno. I appreciate it – we’re getting much love from the Drivers and it’s nice to see others notice and share our work.
Keep sending the feedback – during short stretches (1-2 weeks) you may not hear from us, but we’re prepping for new updates coming soon.
We are pleased to present a new and improved version of WhereMySurgeApp! We have streamlined and cleaned up our site in order to better serve our Driver base. The current markets we operate in are: Washington DC, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Chicago, Atlanta, Miami and Austin.
Some highlights of our new webpage include:
- An updated list of our current markets
- Easier sign up process.
- More emphasis on Driver requested features
Hope you like the updates. We’re continually adding new markets (i.e., New York, Boston), but feel free to send requests or suggestions through the mailing list form and we’ll follow up with you promptly (and, as always, you can reach us through firstname.lastname@example.org). We promise we’ll continue to do our best to improve WhereMySurgeApp! – thanks again for your support.
What up, all.
You’re able to now update your password – that was on our list and we’ve now fixed (a bit earlier thanks to Aneesah!)
We’ve added a few updates (blogging is not my wheelhouse, so you all will have to bear with me!).
We’ve implemented security throughout the site, but some visitors were inquiring when were we going to add HTTPS – we did this morning.
We’re working on adding some new cities – first up is New York and then we’re getting requests for Baltimore, Atlanta, Singapore, the Netherlands, etc. – keep the requests coming and we’ll reach out to Driver-Partners who’ve contacted us when we hit your area. There’s a lot in the works and we’re moving with “deliberate speed”, so hang in there with us and thanks again for your support.
What’s up, all. I’ll use this blog to share my long form thoughts on WhereMySurgeApp’s progression. We have a Facebook and Twitter social media accounts (Twitter is updated most frequently). You can always reach us through email at email@example.com.
We’re preparing our next update for Wednesday, July 1st and will fill you in then!